Policy Analyst/Senior Policy Analyst - two positions available
- Are you new graduate looking to kick-start your policy career?
- Are you an experienced policy practitioner looking for a change?
Seafood New Zealand is looking to expand policy capability and establish a new policy unit reporting to the chief executive. The unit will have responsibility for coordinating with sector entities and establishing common policy positions on issues impacting the wider seafood industry.
Policy issues within the ambit of Seafood New Zealand will include generic or national policies relating to fisheries management, the aquatic environment, and sectoral impacts. The unit will also liaise with the sector entities regarding the implementation and operational management of fisheries. In addition to policy development, the wider policy unit will be engaged in dealing with international trade and food safety activities.
We welcome applicants at any stage of their career from seasoned practitioners to new graduates.
Key Selection Criteria
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in economics, law, science, resource management, fisheries, marine science; or a related discipline
- Highly motivated, flexible and adaptable in your approach
- Knowledge (or willingness to acquire knowledge) of New Zealand fisheries management
- An understanding of (or willingness to acquire an understanding of) environmental issues associated with commercial fisheries
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Ability to think clearly, analytically and critically, and demonstrate sound judgment in decision-making
- Ability to think in a strategic manner
- Good relationship management skills
- Ability to work well individually and within a team
- Resilience and a sense of humour
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand. Further information on eligibility for working in New Zealand and obtaining appropriate visas can be found at www.immigration.govt.nz.
If you have any questions or wish to request a position description please contact Karen Olver at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae with your application.
Applications for this role close at 5pm on Friday 20 November 2020.